Invasion of the Body Snatchers

So, this was one of those movies I’d seen when I was younger, didn’t entirely understand when I first saw it but told people I saw it anyway, because I thought it was something impressive. Like when I read To Kill A Mockingbird in 6th Grade. or I guess you could call me very very lame.

But anyway, I love this movie. So so much. I love the doctor as the main character, how he’s the literally only sane man and how he kinda streamlines the story. Streamline probably isn’t the right word, but how he’s the focal point of the narrative and is the character that we use and probably need to put perspective on the events of the movie as they unfold.

Also, the version of the movie that I had seen before hadn’t included the parts with the other doctor that acted as bookends for the movie. So I’d only seen the incredibly depressing version. From what I’ve read, the novel version that the movie based on, has a much happier ending. (admittedly when compared to either version of the movie, most other endings would seem happier, but the novel ending is legitimately happier.)

I don’t really have that much else to say about the movie. I liked it, I think everything worked well, expect for a well plot holes that I’m letting slip. But the story is interesting, the main lead is interesting and the bubbles from the bubble bath kinda did scary me both times i saw the film. You win this time 50s. Making scary movies with sometimes unrealistic and unintentionally funny special effects.

It’s good to be back. Excited for next week.

2 thoughts on “Invasion of the Body Snatchers

1. Yea, I heard that the novel ended on a very optimistic note, with the aliens leaving and everything, which I found unrealistic. I wish they would have kept the depressing (haha) ending however, since the ‘fbi is going to save us’ ending is just stupid. There is more of a connection to the audience with the highway scene ending, don’t you think?

2. i never even knew this movie had a novel version so that was good to find out the ending to this movie was not a cheerful one so I’m glad to know that at least the novel had something less depressing ! The doctor was one of my favorite characters as well and as u said the movie was very good. loved it as well !